Arthur M. Peslak
Past Partner of Gertner Mandel Peslak
Arthur Peslak was a partner in the law firm of Gertner Mandel Peslak prior to being appointed to a judge position in Washington DC. The firm is now Gertner Mandel.
In addition to being a partner in the law firm of Gertner Mandel, he was also a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group. Art represented clients throughout the United States and beyond in a wide variety of intellectual property matters such as patents, trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition. For more information, visit our Intellectual Property Practice Group website and blog.
Art's Attorney Bio
For more than 20 years, attorney Arthur Peslak has focused his practice on patents and other intellectual property matters. Prior to becoming an attorney, he was an engineer for many years. Given his legal and technical skills, Art can easily and comfortably deal with complex technological issues involving today’s business world. When you have a problem on the cutting edge of legal, business and technological issues, Art Peslak has a combination of unique technical and legal skills that can help you.
In addition to his work in the courtroom, Art is also an accomplished nature photographer. He is familiar with the business aspects of the photography business as well as the intellectual property issues. He is uniquely qualified to counsel clients in this area.
- New Jersey, 1989
- New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court , Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal, 2nd and 3rd Circuits, 1990
- Registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Rutgers University Law School, J.D., with honors, 1989
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Rutgers Law Review, 1988-1989
- Rutgers University, B.S., with honors, 1978; M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1982
Professional affiliations and memberships
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Chair, Intellectual Property Section, 1997-1999
- New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Door-Master Corp. v. Yorktowne, Inc., 256 F.3d 1308 (Fed. Cir. 2001)
- Rockland Exposition, Inc. v. Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of New Jersey, 706 F. Supp. 2d 350 (S.D.N.Y. 2009).