<Return to Attorney's page
Arthur M. Peslak
Prior to becoming an attorney, Art was an engineer for many years. Given his legal and technical skills, Art can easily and comfortably deal with complex technological issues involving today’s business world. When you have a problem at the cutting edge of legal, business, and technological issues, Art has a combination of unique technical and legal skills that can help you.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Patent Licensing
- Franchises and Franchising
- Employment Litigation, Labor Law
- Patent Litigation
- Trademark Litigation
- Trademark Prosecution
- Copyright Litigation
- Copyright Prosecution
- Trademark Licensing
- Copyright Licensing
- False Advertising
- Business Torts
- Trade secrets
- Trade Dress
- Right of Publicity
Law School: Rutgers University, J.D., with honors, 1989.
College: Rutgers University (B.S., with honors; 1978, Mechanical Engineering; M.S., 1982).
Admitted to Bar:
1989, New Jersey; 1990, New York and U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, District of New Jersey; U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal, Second and Third Circuits; Registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Frolow v. Wilson Sporting Goods Co., 710 F. 3d 1303 (Fed. Cir. 2013).
- Rockland Exposition, Inc. v. Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of New Jersey, 894 F. Supp. 2d 288 (S.D.N.Y. 2012).
- Rockland Exposition, Inc. v. Alliance of Automotive Service Providers of New Jersey, 706 F. Supp. 2d 350 (S.D.N.Y. 2009).
- Door-Master Corp. v. Yorktowne, Inc., 256 F.3d 1308 (Fed. Cir. 2001).
Monmouth County, New Jersey State (Chair, Intellectual Property Section, 1997-1999) and American Bar Associations; New Jersey Intellectual Property Law Association; New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Art is also an accomplished nature photographer. He is familiar with the business aspects of the photography business as well as the intellectual property issues. He is uniquely qualified to counsel clients in this area. You can see more of his photography on the GMP 2015
calendars and here
Order of Coif. Editor, Rutgers Law Review, 1988-1989.